Fall is officially here! Cheers to apple pies and pumpkin pies!
I made this pie for my husband and snuck in one last bit of summer: tart raspberries 😉
It was delicious! The perfect mix of tart, sweet, and buttery.
It’s a Martha Stewart Recipe.
Apple Raspberry Pie Recipe
For The Dough:
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup cold plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
– 1/2 cup plus 1 to 2 teaspoons ice water
For The Pie:
2 3/4 pounds assorted apples (peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
6 ounces fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all purpose-flour
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
To Make Dough:
– Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter, process until the mixture appears sandy. While pulsing, add ice water slowly until the dough comes together.
– Turn out onto a work surface. Divide in half and shape into disks. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
To Make Pie:
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir apples, raspberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt in bowl.
– On floured surface, roll one disk to 1/8 inch thick 12 inch round. Fit into a 9 inch pie plate. Fill with the apple mixture and dot with butter.
– Roll out remaining disk into 1/8 inch thick 12 inch round. Drape over filling and press edges to seal. Make 3 inch slits in top crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
– Whisk egg yolk and cream in a bowl and brush over top crust. Sprinkle with fine sugar. Bake until golden and juices are bubbling (~1 hour 20 minutes). Place pie on baking sheet to catch juices and cover with foil if it browns too quickly.
Original Martha Stewart Apple-Raspberry Pie Recipe here.