Outrageously gooey, outrageously chocolatey heaven!
These fine things are courtesy of the wonderful Martha Stewart. She never disappoints does she? These taste like brownies, only better.
Here is what you need:
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degress farenheit.
2. Heat the chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl in the microwave. Heat in 20 second increments, making sure to stir in between. You don’t want to burn the chocolate!
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Using your mixer, mix the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high until it’s light and fluffy. Did you know? If you crack the eggs on a flat surface, you’ll have less of a chance of getting shells into your mixture.
5. Reduce the speed to low and add the melted chocolate.
6. Mix in the flour combo until just combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chunks. (I ended up using chocolate chips ~ I accidentally opened the wrong bag…oops)
8. Drop tablespoons of the mixture on oiled cookie pans about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake (rotating sheets halfway) for about 12-15 minutes. You want the cookies to be shiny and crackly, but still soft in the middle.
*At first I was a little scared these wouldn’t turn out because they looked like…well…I’m not going to say it. But you and I both know what they look like. So if yours come out like that, don’t fret.
9. Cool on the sheets for 10 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. This will ensure that the cookies don’t crumble when you lift them off and don’t continue to cook on the pans.
Thanks again to Martha for tasty, tasty recipes.